Electronic Banking Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of the electronic financial services (“Electronic Service(s)”) made available at www.dairystatebank.com or through our mobile applications available on iOS or Android (the “Agreement”). The availability of the Electronic Services described in this Agreement may vary depending on how you access Electronic Services (via website or mobile app) and some Electronic Services are only available for certain account types. This Agreement is revised periodically, and it may include changes from earlier versions. By using Electronic Services, you agree to the most recent version of this Agreement, which is available on our website and within our mobile apps. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Privacy and User Information
You must maintain accurate contact information and we must be able to verify your identity, or your use of Electronic Services may be limited, suspended, or terminated. Changes to your contact information may be made within Electronic Services or by contacting us. We are not responsible for any payment processing errors or fees incurred if you do not provide accurate account or contact information.
Protecting your Login Credentials
Prevent unauthorized access to your accounts by keeping your Login Credentials confidential and ensure that you log out of Online Banking when you are finished. If you choose to activate a biometric feature (such as a fingerprint or face scanner), it is your responsibility to control access to Online Banking just as you would with your User ID and password. You acknowledge that any person who has a biometric feature stored in your device may be able to access Online Accounts on that device.
We will never ask you to share your Login Credentials, and you do not need to share your Login Credentials to send or receive money using Online Banking. Separate Login Credentials should be obtained for each Authorized Person and should never be shared. If you give another person or business access to Online Banking by sharing your Login Credentials, you agree that such third-party will be authorized to act on your behalf, and will be bound by this Agreement (and any separate agreement governing your account). Customer acknowledges that Dairy State Bank offered Customer and its Authorized Persons a commercially reasonable security procedure, and that Customer has accepted the security procedure. The Customer agrees that the security procedure, including a PIN/Password, user ID, or use of a Token and associated PIN/Password will be kept confidential by Customer and its Authorized Persons. Any activity performed using your Login Credentials, even if not specifically intended by you, will be presumed to be authorized by you. If you have shared your Login Credentials with a third-party, and wish to revoke such access, you must contact Dairy State Bank to block Online Access until new Login Credentials are established.
Contact us immediately if:
- You would like to disable or revoke your password
- You believe that your password or other means to access Online Banking have been lost or
- You believe that someone may attempt to use Online Banking without your consent or has transferred money without your permission.
Customer is responsible for and must provide all mobile devices, computers, and/or other equipment software (other than any software provided by us), and services necessary to access Business Online Banking. This responsibility includes, without limitation, utilization of up to date web-browsers and access devices and the best commercially available encryption, antivirus, anti-spyware, and internet security software. Customer may need additional software that is capable of opening PDF files (such as Adobe Acrobat) to view, print, and/or save electronic versions of documents.
If you think your statement or transaction history is wrong, or if you need more information about a transaction listed on your statement or in transaction history, contact us at 715-234-9181 or write us at the address listed on the front of your statement as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared. Tell us your name and account number (if any). Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information. Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. We will investigate your complaint and will correct any error promptly. If we take more than 10 business days to do this, we may credit your account for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation.
Statements and Notices
For most accounts, you have the right to receive paper statements and other account-related notices for any account that you access electronically, but you may elect to receive electronic versions of account statements and notices (eStatements) as detailed below. Generally, the cycle time for your eStatements will be the same frequency as your paper statements. When you start receiving eStatements, you (and any joint owner) will begin to build an 18-month electronic document history that will be available within Electronic Services. If you add a joint account owner, the joint owner will be able to see statements from the time he or she becomes a joint owner and may also be able to gain access to information from before the time you added them to the account by searching account history or specific transactions. Once you enroll in the electronic presentment of any document, you may no longer receive paper versions of the selected documents unless you specifically request it. Contact us to request a paper copy of any disclosure, notice or other document. Copies of required regulatory disclosures and tax statements will be mailed at no charge. Reverting to paper delivery, requesting copies of previously issued account statements, and requesting copies of checks or other account-specific items may incur a fee. (See Personal and Business fee schedules.) You are responsible for downloading and saving your electronic documents for your own purposes. If you close an account, you will no longer have electronic access to the closed account or the associated electronic documents. Your final account statement will be produced on paper and mailed to you. You can request a paper copy of any past statement by contacting us.
EStatement availability alert. When you enroll in eStatements, you will be automatically enrolled in eStatements availability alerts. These alerts will be sent in accordance with your notification preferences. Please see the account alerts section for more information on managing your account alerts. By enrolling any account in eStatements, you agree that the eStatements availability alert constitutes the date of delivery of such eStatement. The statute of limitations regarding claims related to any items disclosed in a particular e-statement begins on the date we notify you that an e-statement is available. Any failure to access, view, print and/or save an e-statement will not impact the statute of limitations.
Receiving Electronic Communications
By providing us with a telephone number for a mobile device, including a number that you later convert to a mobile device number, you are expressly consenting to receiving communications— including, but not limited to, prerecorded or artificial voice message calls, text messages, and calls made by an automatic telephone dialing system—from us and our affiliates and agents at that number. This express consent applies to each such telephone number that you provide to us now or in the future and permits such calls for non-marketing purposes. Calls and messages may incur fees from your mobile services provider. You represent that you are authorized to use the email address or mobile phone number that you use for Electronic Services, and you expressly consent to receiving non-marketing emails or text messages from us (and Service Providers associated with Electronic Services), from other users sending or requesting money from you, and from other participating network banks (or their agents) regarding transfers between participating network banks and you.
Intellectual Property Rights
All content connected with Electronic Services is the exclusive intellectual property of Dairy State Bank, our licensors, and/or Service Providers and is protected by copyrights and other intellectual property rights. Customer may not copy, reproduce, distribute, or create derivative works from this content. Further, customer agrees not to reverse-engineer or decompile any technology, including any software or other content associated with Electronic Services.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks displaced in connection with Electronic Services are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Dairy State Bank and/or our Service Providers. Under no circumstances may customer use, copy, imitate, alter, modify, or change these trademarks. Nothing contained on, in or otherwise connected with these services should be construed as granting (by implication or otherwise) any license or right to use any trademark without the express written permission of us or the third party, which has rights to such trademark.
While there is no fee for most Electronic Services, there may be a fee associated with some enhanced features of Electronic Services. These fees are described within written fee schedules. Fees may be changed at our sole discretion, but you will receive notice of these changes in accordance with applicable law. You agree to pay all such fees associated with Electronic Services and authorize us to deduct the calculated amount from the account(s) you have with us. You are responsible for any and all other fees and charges that may be assessed by your wireless operator, internet service provider, or any other third-party provider you may engage.
No Illegal Use
Electronic Services are intended for customers who are 18 years old or older, or otherwise able to lawfully enter into contracts under applicable law and in connection with your account or cardholder agreement. You agree not to use Electronic Services in any way that would: (a) be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items, including, but not limited to, use of Electronic Services to impersonate another person or entity; (b) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising); (c) access the information and content programmatically by macro or other automated means; or (d) use Electronic Services in such a manner as to gain unauthorized entry or access to computer systems.
Indemnification/Limitation of Liability
Customer will indemnify and hold Dairy State Bank, its officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from and against any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, suits, costs or expenses, including, attorney’s fees, incurred by Dairy State Bank arising from the acts or omissions of Customer in connection with the Service Agreements. If Customer fails to perform according to these terms, Dairy State Bank will not be liable for any loss that could have been avoided if Customer had performed according to such terms. The sole duty of Dairy State Bank is to exercise ordinary care in the performance of the obligations under the Service Agreements. Customer agrees that Dairy State Bank, its officers, directors, agents and employees will not be liable for events or circumstances beyond their reasonable control, and the liability of Dairy State Bank, its officers, directors, agents, and employees will be limited to correcting errors caused by Dairy State Bank. Customer agrees that clerical errors and mistakes in judgment do not constitute a failure to exercise ordinary care or to act in good faith. In no event shall Dairy State Bank, its officers, directors, agents, and employees be liable or responsible for consequential, exemplary, punitive, special or incidental damages or losses, including lost profits (whether the claim is in contract, tort, or otherwise, and whether or not Dairy State Bank was advised of the possibility of such losses or damages). Dairy State Bank makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, in law or in fact, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness or suitability of any of the services or software products for a particular purpose, or as to the suitability or compatibility of our software, equipment or communication interfaces with those used by customer, provided under the service agreements.
Customer represents and warrants to Dairy State Bank that (a) if the Customer is not a natural person, Customer is duly organized and validly existing, and in good standing under the laws of Customer’s state of organization, and Customer has full power and authority to carry on Customer’s business as now conducted, and is duly qualified to do business and in good standing in each jurisdiction where qualification is necessary for Customers business, and Customer has not commenced any dissolution proceedings; (b) if Customer conduces business under an assumed business or professional name, customer has properly filed assumed name certificates as required by applicable law; and (c) Customer has obtained all necessary consents to enter into this Agreement and to make it legally binding on Customer.
Account alerts are notifications and reminders (such as low balance alerts) related to your accounts. Account alerts and alert options vary based on the type of account. Generally, you may choose which account alerts you would like to receive, the account(s) to which the alerts will relate, and email addresses or mobile numbers to which the alerts will be sent. The message frequency depends on the account settings you select. In addition to permanently deleting an account alert, you may establish “do not disturb times,” which will suppress alerts generated during the identified time, or you may deactivate an account alert by changing the status to “inactive.” Alerts suppressed during the identified do not disturb times will be presented when the do not disturb time expires. Inactive account alerts will be maintained on your list of alerts but will not be presented until the alert status is changed to “active.” Delivery of alerts Account alerts will be sent at various times on any day that transactions meeting your specified criteria occur. You understand and agree that account alerts may not be sent on a “real time” basis and may be sent at the next scheduled delivery time after the specified transaction event occurs. We reserve the right to change the frequency or timing of account alerts. Limitations of account alerts Account alerts are for informational purposes only and are not intended to replace your account statements or any other communications we may provide to you regarding your account(s). Some account alerts may be automatically suppressed if we receive notice that you have filed for bankruptcy or if you have otherwise instructed us to cease and desist communication with you in relation to collection efforts on your account(s).
Alerts. Your enrollment in Dairy State Bank Online Banking and/or Mobile Banking (the “Service”) includes enrollment to receive transaction alerts and notifications (“Alerts”). Alerts are electronic notices from us that contain transactional information about your Dairy State Bank account(s). Account Alerts and Additional Alerts must be managed and/or added online through the Service. We may add new alerts from time to time, or cancel old alerts. We usually notify you when we cancel alerts, but are not obligated to do so. Dairy State Bank reserves the right to terminate its alerts service at any time without prior notice to you.
Methods of Delivery. We may provide alerts through one or more channels (“endpoints”): (a) a mobile device, by text message, (b) a mobile device, by push notification; (c) an email account, by an email message; or (d) your Dairy State Bank Online Banking message inbox. You agree to receive alerts through these endpoints, and it is your responsibility to determine that each of the service providers for the endpoints described in (a) through (c) above supports the email, push notification, and text message alerts provided through the alerts service. Please be advised that text or data charges or rates may be imposed by your endpoint service provider. Alert frequency varies by account and preferences. You agree to provide us a valid mobile phone number or email address so that we may send you alerts. If your email address or your mobile device’s number changes, you are responsible for informing us of that change. Your alerts will be updated to reflect the changes that you communicate to us with regard to your primary and secondary email addresses or mobile device number.
Alerts via Text Message. To stop alerts via text message, text “STOP” to 99588 at anytime. Alerts sent to your primary email address will be unaffected by this action. To restore alerts on your mobile phone, just visit the alerts tab in Dairy State Bank Online Banking. For help with SMS text alerts, text “HELP” to 99588. In case of questions please contact customer service at 715-234-9181. Our participating carriers include (but are not limited to) AT&T, SprintPCS, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular®, Verizon Wireless, MetroPCS.
Limitations. Dairy State Bank provides alerts as a convenience to you for information purposes only. An alert does not constitute a bank record for the deposit or credit account to which it pertains. We strive to provide alerts in a timely manner with accurate information. However, you acknowledge and agree that your receipt of any alerts may be delayed or prevented by factor(s) affecting your mobile phone service provider, internet service provider(s) and other factors outside Dairy State Bank’s control. We neither guarantee the delivery nor the accuracy of the contents of each Alert. You agree to not hold Dairy State Bank, its directors, officers, employees, agents, and service providers liable for losses or damages, including attorneys’ fees, that may arise, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from (a) a non-delivery, delayed delivery, or the misdirected delivery of an Alert; (b) inaccurate or incomplete content in an Alert; or (c) your reliance on or use of the information provided in an Alert for any purpose.
Alert Information. As alerts delivered via SMS, email and push notifications are not encrypted, we will never include your passcode or full account number. You acknowledge and agree that alerts may not be encrypted and may include your name and some information about your accounts, and anyone with access to your alerts will be able to view the contents of these messages.
Mobile Banking Services Terms and Conditions
Thank you for using the Mobiliti Services (“Services”) and any related Software (“Software”) provided by Dairy State Bank combined with your handheld’s text messaging capabilities. By participating in the Services or using the Software, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions, in addition to any terms and conditions to which you have previously agreed with respect to the underlying electronic banking and bill pay services of which the Service is a part. Dairy State Bank in its discretion may modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. Standard messaging charges apply.
Program: Dairy State Bank offers their customers mobile access to their account information (e.g., for checking balances and last transactions) over the Short Message Service (SMS), as well as the option to set up alerts for their accounts (e.g., low balance alerts). Enrollment requires identification of the user’s banking relationship with Dairy State Bank as well as providing a mobile phone number. The mobile phone number’s verification is done by the user receiving an SMS message with a verification code which they will have to enter on the website. Additionally, customers may select the type of alerts and other preferences which will determine, together with their account data, the frequency of alerts delivered to the customer. This program will be ongoing. Standard messaging charges apply. Customers will be allowed to opt out of this program at any time.
Questions: You can contact us at [email protected] or 715-234-9181 or send a text message with the word “HELP” to this number: 99588. We can answer any questions you have about the program.
To Stop the Program: To stop the messages from coming to your phone, you can opt out of the program via SMS. Just send a text that says “STOP” to this number: 99588. You’ll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. After that, you will not receive any future messages.
The Services and/or Software may not be available at any time for any reason outside of the reasonable control of Dairy State Bank or any service provider.
Restrictions on Use. You agree not to use the Services and Software in or for any illegal, fraudulent, unauthorized or improper manner or purpose and will only be used in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including all applicable state, federal, and international Internet, data, telecommunications, telemarketing, “spam,” and import/export laws and regulations, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use the Services and Software to transmit or disseminate: (i) junk mail, spam, or unsolicited material to persons or entities that have not agreed to receive such material or to whom you do not otherwise have a legal right to send such material; (ii) material that infringes or violates any third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, privacy, or confidentiality, or the rights or legal obligations of any wireless service provider or any of its clients or subscribers; (iii) material or data, that is illegal, or material or data, as determined by Dairy State Bank (in its sole discretion), that is harassing, coercive, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, materials that are harmful to minors or excessive in quantity, or materials the transmission of which could diminish or harm the reputation of Dairy State Bank or any third-party service provider involved in the provision of the Services; or (iv) material or data that is alcoholic beverage-related (e.g., beer, wine, or liquor), tobacco-related (e.g., cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco), guns or weapons-related (e.g., firearms, bullets), illegal drugs-related (e.g., marijuana, cocaine), pornographic-related (e.g., adult themes, sexual content), crime-related (e.g., organized crime, notorious characters), violence-related (e.g., violent games), death-related (e.g., funeral homes, mortuaries), hate-related (e.g. racist organizations), gambling-related (e.g., casinos, lotteries), specifically mentions any wireless carrier or copies or parodies the products or Services of any wireless carrier; (v) viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information; (vi) any material or information that is false, misleading, or inaccurate; (vii) any material that would expose Dairy State Bank, any third-party service provider involved in providing the Services, or any other third party to liability; or (viii) any signal or impulse that could cause electrical, magnetic, optical, or other technical harm to the equipment or facilities of Fiserv or any third party. You agree that you will not attempt to: (i) access any Software or Services for which your use has not been authorized; or (ii) use or attempt to use a third party’s account; or (iii) interfere in any manner the provision of the Services or Software, the security of the Services or Software, or other customers of the Services or Software, or otherwise abuse the Services or Software.
Appended Text: To establish Mobile Banking services (“Services”), you must first be enrolled in our Online Banking service. You must have a supported cellular phone, smart phone or other handheld device (collectively, “mobile device”) with compatible wireless hardware and software, including SMS and carrier service. You acknowledge and expressly agree to be solely responsible for any fees imposed upon you by your mobile phone provider and/or participating carrier, including message and data rates that may apply. You may wish to review your contract with your individual Mobile Device carrier service before enrolling in Services.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all persons that are party to the Accounts and contain the terms and conditions governing the Services, including disclosures required by federal law. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and keep a copy for your records. By clicking “ACCEPT” when you subscribe for the Services or responding with your activation code, you acknowledge that you have received and read these Terms and Conditions and agree to them. Terms and Conditions can be viewed and printed from our website. Refer to the Electronic Funds Transfers disclosure received at account opening for your rights and responsibilities regarding electronic funds transfers.
Terms. Dairy State Bank is referred to as “financial institution”, “we”, “us”, “our” or “bank”. Person(s) subscribing to or using our Mobile Banking Services are referred to as “customer”, “you” or “your.” “Account” means your deposit and loan accounts with us that you are an authorized owner or signer.
Services. Some of the services below may not be available for all Mobile Devices and/or Mobile Device carrier plans. We do not guarantee the availability or functionality of all the Services on all Mobile Devices.
Using your Mobile Device and Software, you can:
- View account and transaction information.
- Transfer funds between checking, savings, home equity line of credit and other loan accounts.
- Transfer funds from your line of credit to your checking and savings accounts.
- Make payments from your deposit accounts to your loan accounts.
- Make deposits to your deposit accounts.
- Receive account alerts.
- Pay bills online using our optional Online Bill Pay Service. (Contingent on the type of Mobile Device and carrier plan you have. Separate Terms and Conditions apply.)
- Locate branch office locations.
- Locate ATM locations.
You are responsible for knowing how to properly use your Mobile Device and the Services; we will not be liable to you for any losses caused by your failure to properly use the Services or your Mobile Device.
Availability. Services are generally available on a continuous basis, excluding scheduled maintenance; however, there may be system unavailability from time to time. Emergency maintenance and other conditions beyond our control may cause Services interruption. Use of the Services is not guaranteed for locations outside of the United States. Accessing Services from locations outside of the United States is at your own risk.
Security. The Mobile Device that you use to access the Services may be subject to unauthorized access due to viruses, spyware or other malicious code. You agree that your use of your software and hardware is at your own risk. We are not responsible for advising you of the existence or potential effect of such malicious code. We recommended that you use an anti-virus product on your Mobile Device and keep all programs and the operating system up-to-date by using the latest versions available. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of the Services or any other breach of security known to you and you shall cooperate with us in investigations and other actions taken with respect to same.
You agree to keep your Mobile Device and password secure and confidential, not to record the password or otherwise disclose or make the password available to anyone other than authorized users of your Account. Anyone using your Mobile Device and your password can access your Account and have full access to the Services in the same manner as you can. If anyone uses your Mobile Device and/or password with or without your permission, you will be responsible for any transactions performed by that person with respect to your Account. You agree to take every precaution to ensure the safety, security and integrity of your Account and transactions when using the Services.
Mobile Device Carrier. By use of the Services you may also be subject to the terms and conditions of any agreements you have with third party service providers, such as your Mobile Device Carrier. These Terms and Conditions do not amend or supersede any of those agreements. Those agreements may contain requirements and limitations, including your responsibility for fees and charges, which may impact your use of the Services. You agree that you are solely responsible for all such fees, service charges, limitations and restrictions. We assume no responsibility for the operation, security, functionality or availability of any wireless Mobile Device or mobile network which you utilize to access the Services.
Indemnification. Unless caused by our intentional misconduct or gross negligence, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our affiliates, employees and agents, harmless from any and all third party claims, liability, damages, expenses and costs caused or arising from a third party claim, dispute, action or allegation of infringement, misuse or misappropriation based on information, data, files or otherwise in connection with your use of the Services or your violation of any law or rights of a third party.
Touch ID™ for Mobile Banking. Touch ID is an optional fingerprint sign-in method for Dairy State Bank Mobile Banking that is currently available for most Apple® devices that have a fingerprint scanner. To use Touch ID, you will need to save your fingerprint by going to “Settings > Touch ID & Passcode” on your Apple device to complete the setup (for more help with fingerprint scanning, contact Apple support at apple.com/support). Fingerprints are stored on your device only and Dairy State Bank never sees or stores your fingerprint information. You acknowledge that by enabling Touch ID, you will allow anyone who has a fingerprint stored on your device access to your personal and payment account information within Dairy State Bank Mobile Banking. Dairy State Bank reserves the right to suspend or disable this feature at any time. Touch ID can only be associated with one Mobile Banking username at a time on a device. If your device doesn’t recognize your fingerprint, you can sign in using your password. To use Touch ID for Mobile Banking on multiple devices, you will need to set it up for each device. You can enable or disable Touch ID anytime from the Services menu within Dairy State Bank Mobile Banking.
Apple and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc. Currently, fingerprint sign-in for Dairy State Bank Mobile Banking is only available on compatible iOS devices.
Card Controls Additional Terms
- The Card Controls feature is only available for debit cards issued by Dairy State Bank that you register within the Mobile Banking App.
- The Card Controls alerts and controls you set through use of the Mobile Banking App may continue to apply, even if you delete the Mobile Banking App or remove it from your mobile device. Please contact Dairy State Bank to discontinue the alerts and controls.
- Certain Card Control functionality within the Mobile Banking App may not be available for all transactions. Controls and alerts based on the location of the mobile device where the Mobile Banking App is installed or the location of the merchant where the card is being attempted for use may not apply appropriately to card-not-present transactions or transactions where the actual location of the merchant differs from the merchant’s registered address.
- Card Controls may enable access to Dairy State Bank and third parties’ services and web sites, including GPS locator websites, such as Google’s. Use of such services may require Internet access and that you accept additional terms and conditions applicable thereto.
Mobile Deposit Additional Terms
Mobile Deposit uses a smartphone or tablet camera to take a picture of the front and back of each check and submit the images electronically to make deposits to your checking or savings accounts. When capturing the images, visual brackets provide a guide for centering the check. Each check image is analyzed for quality upon submission; if the image does not pass, you are immediately notified and can re-capture the check image. You can cancel the transaction at any time during the mobile deposit process. However, once the transaction has been submitted, it cannot be canceled.
- Eligible items. We can accept checks payable to you, drawn on a U.S. bank. We cannot accept: checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account that the check is being deposited into, checks payable jointly unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees, traveler’s checks, checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the U.S., checks not payable in U.S. currency, substitute checks, returned checks, checks dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit.
- Image Quality Requirements. The check images presented to the bank must accurately represent all information on both sides of the checks and check images must contain all endorsements.
- Deposit Limits. You may deposit up to $2,500 a day.
- You agree to properly endorse each check with your signature and include the words “For Mobile Deposit Only” in the endorsement.
- Funds Availability. If you make a deposit before 4:30 p.m. Central Time on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. Otherwise, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open. Funds, once accepted, are normally available the next business day. You are responsible for verifying that deposits have posted to the appropriate account. Please note that all deposits are subject to verification and can be rejected upon review.
- You agree to notify the bank of any suspected errors regarding items deposited through the service immediately, and in no event later than 30 days after we sent you the account statement on which the error appeared.
- Retention/Destruction of Original Items. After verifying the deposit has been received, you agree to securely store and retain the check(s) for at least 30 calendar days from the date of the image transmission. During this period, you agree to promptly provide the check to the bank if requested. After 30 days, you agree to shred or otherwise securely dispose of the deposited items.
To the extent this Mobile Banking App allows you to access third party services, Dairy State Bank, and those third parties, as applicable, reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to any of those services at any time without notice. In no event will we be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to any such services. We may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain services, in any case and without notice or liability.
THE MOBILE BANKING APP, THE SERVICES AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON- INFRINGEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO ANY PART OF OUR SERVICE, AND OPERATION OF THE MOBILE BANKING APP OR THE SERVICES MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT THEY ARE PROHIBITED BY STATE LAW.
Limitation of Liability. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME, THE MOBILE BANKING APP AND THE SERVICES MAY BE DELAYED, INTERRUPTED OR DISRUPTED FOR AN INDETERMINATE AMOUNT OF TIME DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR FAILURE IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER CAUSED BY STRIKES, POWER FAILURES, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS, INTERNET DISRUPTION OR OTHER REASONS. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES THAT IS CAUSED BY OR ARISES OUT OF ANY SUCH DELAY, INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR SIMILAR FAILURE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF GOODWILL OR LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE, OR MAINTENANCE OF THE MOBILE BANKING APP, OR THE SERVICES, OR THE WEBSITES THROUGH WHICH THE MOBILE BANKING APP OR THE SERVICE OFFERED, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE AND NOTICE WAS GIVEN REGARDING THEM. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE MOBILE BANKING APP, THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE THROUGH WHICH THE APP OR THE SERVICES IS OFFERED, THAT YOU DO NOT STATE IN WRITING IN A COMPLAINT FILED IN A COURT OR ARBITRATION PROCEEDING WITHIN TWO (2) YEARS OF THE DATE THAT THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OCCURRED. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY, AND THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS AND CONTRACTORS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, TO YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES UP TO A MAXIMUM OF $500 (FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which you reside, without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. To the extent that the terms of this Agreement conflict with applicable state or federal law, such state or federal law shall replace such conflicting terms only to the extent required by law. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all other terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
Bill Pay Terms of Service
Zelle® and Other Payment Services Additional Terms
1. Introduction. This Terms of Service document (hereinafter “Agreement”) is a contract between you and Dairy State Bank (hereinafter “we” or “us”) in connection with each service that is described in the rest of this Agreement that applies to services you use from us, as applicable (each, a “Service”) offered through our online banking site or mobile applications (the “Site”). The Agreement consists of these General Terms for Each Service (referred to as “General Terms”), and each set of Terms that follows after the General Terms that applies to the specific Service you are using from us. This Agreement applies to your use of the Service and the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered.
2. Service Providers. We are offering you the Service through one or more Service Providers that we have engaged to render some or all of the Service to you on our behalf. However, notwithstanding that we have engaged such a Service Provider to render some or all of the Service to you, we are the sole party liable to you for any payments or transfers conducted using the Service and we are solely responsible to you and any third party to the extent any liability attaches in connection with the Service. You agree that we have the right under this Agreement to delegate to Service Providers all of the rights and performance obligations that we have under this Agreement, and that the Service Providers will be third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and will be entitled to all the rights and protections that this Agreement provides to us. Service Provider and certain other capitalized terms are defined in a “Definitions” Section at the end of the General Terms. Other defined terms are also present at the end of each set of Terms that follow after the General Terms, as applicable.
3. Amendments. We may amend this Agreement and any applicable fees and charges for the Service at any time by posting a revised version on the Site. The revised version will be effective at the time it is posted unless a delayed effective date is expressly stated in the revision. Any use of the Service after a notice of change or after the posting of a revised version of this Agreement on the Site will constitute your agreement to such changes and revised versions. Further, we may, from time to time, revise, update, upgrade or enhance the Service and/or related applications or material, which may render all such prior versions obsolete. Consequently, we reserve the right to terminate this Agreement as to all such prior versions of the Service, and/or related applications and material, and limit access to only the Service’s more recent revisions, updates, upgrades or enhancements.
4. Our Relationship With You. We are an independent contractor for all purposes, except that we act as your agent with respect to the custody of your funds for the Service. We do not have control of, or liability for, any products or services that are paid for with our Service. We also do not guarantee the identity of any user of the Service (including but not limited to recipients to whom you send payments).
5. Assignment. You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations you have under this Agreement without our prior written consent, which we may withhold in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to transfer or assign this Agreement or any right or obligation under this Agreement at any time to any party. We may also assign or delegate certain of our rights and responsibilities under this Agreement to independent contractors or other third parties.
6. Notices to Us Regarding the Service. Except as otherwise stated below, notice to us concerning the Site or the Service must be sent by postal mail to: Dairy State Bank 16 South Main Street Rice Lake, WI 54868 We may also be reached at 800-877-8021 for questions and other purposes concerning the Service. We will act on your telephone calls as described below in Section 22 of the General Terms (Errors, Questions, and Complaints), but otherwise, such telephone calls will not constitute legal notices under this Agreement.
7. Notices to You. You agree that we may provide notice to you by posting it on the Site, sending you an in-product message within the Service, emailing it to an email address that you have provided us, mailing it to any postal address that you have provided us, or by sending it as a text message to any mobile phone number that you have provided us, including but not limited to the mobile phone number that you have listed in your Service setup or customer profile. For example, users of the Service may receive certain notices (such as notices of processed Payment Instructions, alerts for validation and notices of receipt of payments) as text messages on their mobile phones. All notices by any of these methods shall be deemed received by you no later than twenty-four (24) hours after they are sent or posted, except for notice by postal mail, which shall be deemed received by you no later than three (3) Business Days after it is mailed. You may request a paper copy of any legally required disclosures and you may terminate your consent to receive required disclosures through electronic communications by contacting us as described in Section 6 of the General Terms above. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee not to exceed twenty dollars ($20.00) to respond to each such request. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service if you withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications.
9. Receipts and Transaction History. You may view your transaction history by logging into the Service and looking at your transaction history. You agree to review your transactions by this method instead of receiving receipts by mail.
11. Privacy of Others. If you receive information about another person through the Service, you agree to keep the information confidential and only use it in connection with the Service.
12. Eligibility. The Service is offered only to individual residents of the United States who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, the Service is not offered to minors unless the minor is using an Eligible Transaction Account in the name of the minor with a parent or guardian as a co-signor or guarantor. By using the Service, you represent that you meet these requirements and that you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
13. Prohibited Payments. The following types of payments are prohibited through the Service, and we have the right but not the obligation to monitor for, block, cancel and/or reverse such payments:
a. Payments to or from persons or entities located in prohibited territories (including any territory outside of the United States); and
b. Payments that violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; and
c. Payments that violate the Acceptable Use terms in Section 14 of the General Terms below; and
d. Payments related to: (1) tobacco products, (2) prescription drugs and devices; (3) narcotics, steroids, controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety; (4) drug paraphernalia; (5) ammunition, firearms, or firearm parts or related accessories; (6) weapons or knives regulated under applicable law; (7) goods or services that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity; (8) goods or services that are sexually oriented; (9) goods or services that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime; (10) goods or services that defame, abuse, harass or threaten others; (11) goods or services that include any language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous; (12) goods or services that advertise, sell to, or solicit others; or (13) goods or services that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction; and
e. Payments related to gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to, casino games, sports betting, horse or dog racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) and sweepstakes; and
f. Payments relating to transactions that (1) support pyramid or Ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other “get rich quick” schemes or multi-level marketing programs, (2) are associated with purchases of real property, equities, annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (3) are for the sale of items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (4) constitute money-laundering or terrorist financing, (5) are associated with the following “money service business” activities: the sale of traveler’s checks or money orders, currency dealers or exchanges (including digital currencies such as bitcoin), or check cashing, or (6) provide credit repair or debt settlement services; and
g. Tax payments and court ordered payments.
Except as required by applicable law, in no event shall we or our Service Providers be liable for any claims or damages resulting from your scheduling of prohibited payments. We encourage you to provide notice to us by the methods described in Section 6 of the General Terms above of any violations of the General Terms or the Agreement generally.
14. Acceptable Use. You agree that you are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws in all of your activities related to your use of the Service, regardless of the purpose of the use, and for all communications you send through the Service. We and our Service Providers have the right but not the obligation to monitor and remove communications content that we find in our sole discretion to be objectionable in any way. In addition, you are prohibited from using the Service for communications or activities that: (a) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (b) promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime; (c) defame, abuse, harass or threaten others; (d) include any language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous; (e) infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction; (f) impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (g) facilitate any viruses, trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information; (h) constitute use of any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy the Service or the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered without our prior written permission; (i) constitute use of any device, software or routine to bypass technology protecting the Site or Service, or interfere or attempt to interfere, with the Site or the Service; or (j) may cause us or our Service Providers to lose any of the services from our internet service providers, payment processors, or other vendors. We encourage you to provide notice to us by the methods described in Section 6 of the General Terms above of any violations of the General Terms or the Agreement generally.
15. Payment Methods and Amounts. There are limits on the amount of money you can send or receive through our Service. Your limits may be adjusted from time-to-time in our sole discretion. For certain Services, you may have the ability to log in to the Site to view your individual transaction limits. We or our Service Provider also reserve the right to select the method in which to remit funds on your behalf through the Service, and in the event that your Eligible Transaction Account is closed or otherwise unavailable to us, the method to return funds to you. These payment methods may include, but may not be limited to, an electronic debit, a paper check drawn on the account of our Service Provider, or draft check drawn against your account.
16. Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers. Immediately following your discovery of an unauthorized Payment Instruction, you shall communicate with customer care for the Service in the manner set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above. You acknowledge and agree that time is of the essence in such situations. If you tell us within two (2) Business Days after you discover your password or other means to access your account through which you access the Service has been lost or stolen, your liability is no more than $50.00 should someone access your account without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of such loss or theft, and we can prove that we could have prevented the unauthorized use of your password or other means to access your account if you had told us, you could be liable for as much as $500.00. If your monthly financial institution statement contains payments that you did not authorize, you must tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was sent to you, you may lose any amount transferred without your authorization after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money had you told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) prevented you from telling us, we will extend the time periods specified above to a reasonable period.
17. Taxes. It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the transactions you make or receive, and it is your responsibility to collect, report and remit the correct tax to the appropriate tax authority. We are not responsible for determining whether taxes apply to your transaction, or for collecting, reporting or remitting any taxes arising from any transaction.
18. Failed or Returned Payment Instructions. In using the Service, you are requesting that we or our Service Provider attempt to make payments for you from your Eligible Transaction Account. If the Payment Instruction cannot be completed for any reason associated with your Eligible Transaction Account (for example, there are insufficient funds in your Eligible Transaction Account, or the Payment Instruction would exceed the credit or overdraft protection limit of your Eligible Transaction Account, to cover the payment), the Payment Instruction may or may not be completed. In certain circumstances, our Service Provider may either advance funds drawn on their corporate account or via an electronic debit, and in such circumstances will attempt to debit the Eligible Transaction Account a second time to complete the Payment Instruction. In some instances, you will receive a return notice from us or our Service Provider. In each such case, you agree that:
a. You will reimburse us or our Service Provider immediately upon demand the amount of the Payment Instruction if the payment has been delivered but there are insufficient funds in, or insufficient overdraft credits associated with, your Eligible Transaction Account to allow the debit processing to be completed;
b. You may be assessed a late fee equal to one and a half percent (1.5%) of any unpaid amounts plus costs of collection by our Service Provider or their third-party contractor if the Payment Instruction cannot be debited because you have insufficient funds in your Eligible Transaction Account, or the transaction would exceed the credit or overdraft protection limit of your Eligible Transaction Account, to cover the payment, or if the funds cannot otherwise be collected from you. The aforesaid amounts will be charged in addition to any NSF charges that may be assessed by us, as set forth in your fee schedule from us (including as disclosed on the Site) or your account agreement with us. You hereby authorize us and our Service Provider to deduct all of these amounts from your designated Eligible Transaction Account, including by ACH debit;
c. We and our Service Provider are authorized to report the facts concerning the return to any credit reporting agency.
19. Address or Banking Changes. It is your sole responsibility and you agree to ensure that the contact information in your user profile is current and accurate. This includes, but is not limited to, name, physical address, phone numbers and email addresses. Depending on the Service, changes may be able to be made within the user interface of the Service or by contacting customer care for the Service as set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above. We are not responsible for any payment processing errors or fees incurred if you do not provide accurate Eligible Transaction Account, Payment Instructions or contact information.
a. Mobile Subscriber Information. You authorize your wireless carrier to disclose information about your account, such as subscriber status, payment method and device details, if available, to support identity verification, fraud avoidance and other uses in support of transactions for the duration of your business relationship with us. This information may also be shared with other companies to support your transactions with us and for identity verification and fraud avoidance purposes.
b. Device Data. We may share certain personal information and device-identifying technical data about you and your devices with third party service providers, who will compare and add device data and fraud data from and about you to a database of similar device and fraud information in order to provide fraud management and prevention services, which include but are not limited to identifying and blocking access to the applicable service or Web site by devices associated with fraudulent or abusive activity. Such information may be used by us and our third party service providers to provide similar fraud management and prevention services for services or Web sites not provided by us. We will not share with service providers any information that personally identifies the user of the applicable device.
21. Service Termination, Cancellation, or Suspension. If you wish to cancel the Service, you may contact us as set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above. Any payment(s) that have begun processing before the requested cancellation date will be processed by us. You agree that we may terminate or suspend your use of the Service at any time and for any reason or no reason. Neither termination, cancellation nor suspension shall affect your liability or obligations under this Agreement.
22. Errors, Questions, and Complaints.
a. In case of errors or questions about your transactions, you should as soon as possible contact us as set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above.
b. If you think your periodic statement for your account is incorrect or you need more information about a transaction listed in the periodic statement for your account, we must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we send you the applicable periodic statement for your account that identifies the error. You must:
- Tell us your name;
- Describe the error or the transaction in question, and explain as clearly as possible why you believe it is an error or why you need more information; and,
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
c. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send your complaint in writing within ten (10) Business Days after your oral notification. Except as described below, we will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) Business Days after you notify us of the error. We will tell you the results of our investigation within three (3) Business Days after we complete our investigation of the error, and will correct any error promptly. However, if we require more time to confirm the nature of your complaint or question, we reserve the right to take up to forty-five (45) days to complete our investigation. If we decide to do this, we will provisionally credit your Eligible Transaction Account within ten (10) Business Days for the amount you think is in error. If we ask you to submit your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) Business Days, we may not provisionally credit your Eligible Transaction Account. For errors involving new Eligible Transaction Accounts, we may take up to ninety (90) days to investigate your complaint or question and up to twenty (20) Business Days to provisionally credit your Eligible Transaction Account. If it is determined there was no error, we will mail you a written explanation within three (3) Business Days after completion of our investigation. You may ask for copies of documents used in our investigation. We may revoke any provisional credit provided to you if we find an error did not occur.
23. Intellectual Property. All other marks and logos related to the Service are either trademarks or registered trademarks of us or our licensors. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are our service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress or those of our licensors. You may not copy, imitate, or use any of the above without our prior written consent, which we may withhold in our sole discretion, and you may not use them in a manner that is disparaging to us or the Service or display them in any manner that implies our sponsorship or endorsement. All right, title and interest in and to the Service, the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered, the technology related to the Site and Service, and any and all technology and any content created or derived from any of the foregoing, is our exclusive property or that of our licensors. Moreover, any suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information you may send to us through or regarding the Site or Service shall be considered an uncompensated contribution of intellectual property to us and our licensors, shall also be deemed our and our licensors’ exclusive intellectual property, and shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part. By submitting any such materials to us, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials has expressly granted) to us and our licensors a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed, and you warrant that all so-called “moral rights” in those materials have been waived, and you warrant that you have the right to make these warranties and transfers of rights.
24. Links and Frames. Links to other sites may be provided on the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered for your convenience. By providing these links, we are not endorsing, sponsoring or recommending such sites or the materials disseminated by or services provided by them, and are not responsible for the materials, services or other situations at or related to or from any other site, and make no representations concerning the content of sites listed in any of the Service web pages. Consequently, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in sites listed in any search results or otherwise linked to the Site. For example, if you “click” on a banner advertisement or a search result, your “click” may take you off the Site. This may include links from advertisers, sponsors, and content partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, solicit personal information, or contain information that you may find inappropriate or offensive. In addition, advertisers on the Site may send cookies to users that we do not control. You may link to the home page of our Site. However, you may not link to other pages of our Site without our express written permission. You also may not “frame” material on our Site without our express written permission. We reserve the right to disable links from any third party sites to the Site.
25. Password and Security. If you are issued or create any password or other credentials to access the Service or the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered, you agree not to give or make available your password or credentials to any unauthorized individuals, and you agree to be responsible for all actions taken by anyone to whom you have provided such credentials. If you believe that your credentials have been lost or stolen or that someone may attempt to use them to access the Site or Service without your consent, you must inform us at once at the telephone number provided in Section 6 of the General Terms above. See also Section 16 of the General Terms above regarding how the timeliness of your notice impacts your liability for unauthorized transfers.
26. Remedies. If we have reason to believe that you have engaged in any of the prohibited or unauthorized activities described in this Agreement or have otherwise breached your obligations under this Agreement, we may terminate, suspend or limit your access to or use of the Site or the Service; notify law enforcement, regulatory authorities, impacted third parties, and others as we deem appropriate; refuse to provide our services to you in the future; and/or take legal action against you. In addition, we, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to terminate this Agreement, access to the Site and/or use of the Service for any reason or no reason and at any time. The remedies contained in this Section 26 of the General Terms are cumulative and are in addition to the other rights and remedies available to us under this Agreement, by law or otherwise.
27. Disputes. In the event of a dispute regarding the Service, you and we agree to resolve the dispute by looking to this Agreement.
28. Arbitration. For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000.00 USD, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. If a party elects arbitration, that party will initiate such arbitration through Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS”), the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), or an established alternative dispute resolution (ADR) administrator mutually agreed upon by the parties. The parties agree that the following rules shall apply: (a) the arbitration may be conducted telephonically, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, at the election of the party initiating the arbitration; (b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties, their representatives or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; (c) discovery shall not be permitted; (d) the matter shall be submitted for decision within ninety (90) days of initiation of arbitration, unless otherwise agreed by the parties, and the arbitrator must render a decision within thirty (30) days of submission; and (e) any award in such arbitration shall be final and binding upon the parties and may be submitted to any court of competent jurisdiction for confirmation. The parties acknowledge that remedies available under federal, state and local laws remain available through arbitration. NO CLASS ACTION, OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR JOINDER OR CONSOLIDATION OF ANY CLAIM WITH A CLAIM OF ANOTHER PERSON SHALL BE ALLOWABLE IN ARBITRATION.
29. Law and Forum for Disputes. Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which you reside, without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. TO THE EXTENT THAT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT CONFLICT WITH APPLICABLE STATE OR FEDERAL LAW, SUCH STATE OR FEDERAL LAW SHALL REPLACE SUCH CONFLICTING TERMS ONLY TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all other terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, you agree that any claim or dispute you may have against us (other than those which are arbitrated under Section 28 of the General Terms above) must be resolved by a court located in the county in which you reside. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all claims or disputes unless said claim is submitted to arbitration under Section 28 of the General Terms of this Agreement. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Agreement. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BOTH PARTIES AGREE TO WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO HAVE A JURY PARTICIPATE IN THE RESOLUTION OF ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM BETWEEN THE PARTIES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
30. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us and our Affiliates and Service Providers and their Affiliates and the employees and contractors of each of these, from any loss, damage, claim or demand (including attorney’s fees) made or incurred by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement and/or your use of the Site or the applicable Service.
31. Release. You release us and our Affiliates and Service Providers and the employees and contractors of each of these, from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute that may arise between you or one or more other users of the Site or the applicable Service. In addition, if applicable to you, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which states that a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if not known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.
32. No Waiver. We shall not be deemed to have waived any rights or remedies hereunder unless such waiver is in writing and signed by one of our authorized representatives. No delay or omission on our part in exercising any rights or remedies shall operate as a waiver of such rights or remedies or any other rights or remedies. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future occasions.
33. Exclusions of Warranties. THE SITE AND SERVICE AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO ANY PART OF OUR SERVICE, AND OPERATION OF OUR SITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS PARAGRAPH GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
34. Limitation of Liability. THE FOREGOING SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF US AND OUR AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, FOR THE SERVICE AND THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE SERVICE IS OFFERED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME, THE SERVICE MAY BE DELAYED, INTERRUPTED OR DISRUPTED PERIODICALLY FOR AN INDETERMINATE AMOUNT OF TIME DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR FAILURE IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER CAUSED BY STRIKES, POWER FAILURES, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS INTERNET DISRUPTION OR OTHER REASONS. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE CAUSED BY OR ARISING OUT OF ANY SUCH DELAY, INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR SIMILAR FAILURE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF GOODWILL OR LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE, OR MAINTENANCE OF THE SERVICE OR THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE SERVICE IS OFFERED, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE AND NOTICE WAS GIVEN REGARDING THEM. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE OR THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE SERVICE IS OFFERED THAT YOU DO NOT STATE IN WRITING IN A COMPLAINT FILED IN A COURT OR ARBITRATION PROCEEDING AS DESCRIBED IN SECTIONS 28 AND 29 OF THE GENERAL TERMS ABOVE WITHIN TWO (2) YEARS OF THE DATE THAT THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OCCURRED. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY, AND THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, TO YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES UP TO A MAXIMUM OF $500 (FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
35. Complete Agreement, Severability, Captions, and Survival. You agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between us, sets forth the entire understanding between us and you with respect to the Service and the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered and supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between us. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. The captions of Sections in this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not control or affect the meaning or construction of any of the provisions of this Agreement. Sections 2, 5-7, 11, 17, 18, 23, and 26-35 of the General Terms, as well as any other terms which by their nature should survive, will survive the termination of this Agreement. If there is a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and something stated by an employee or contractor of ours (including but not limited to its customer care personnel), the terms of the Agreement will prevail.
a. “ACH Network” means the funds transfer system, governed by the NACHA Rules, that provides funds transfer services to participating financial institutions.
b. “Affiliates” are companies related by common ownership or control.
c. “Business Day” is every Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Reserve holidays or other days that banks are legally closed.
d. “Eligible Transaction Account” is a transaction account from which your payments will be debited, your Service fees, if any, will be automatically debited, or to which payments and credits to you will be credited, that is eligible for the Service. Depending on the Service, an Eligible Transaction Account may include a checking, money market or other direct deposit account, credit card account, or debit card account, including any required routing information.
e. “Payment Instruction” is the information provided for a payment to be made under the applicable Service, which may be further defined and described below in connection with a specific Service.
f. “Payment Network” means a debit or credit network (such as the ACH Network or ACCEL / Exchange payment network) through which funds may be transferred.
g. “Service Provider” means companies that we have engaged (and their Affiliates) to render some or all of the Service to you on our behalf.
BILL PAYMENT SERVICE ADDITIONAL TERMS
1. Description of Service. The term “Bill Payment Terms” means these Bill Payment Service Additional Terms. The bill payment service (for purposes of these Bill Payment Terms, and the General Terms as they apply to these Bill Payment Terms, the “Service”) enables you to receive, view, and pay bills from the Site.
2. Payment Scheduling. The earliest possible Scheduled Payment Date for each Biller will be designated within the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered when you are scheduling the payment. Therefore, the Service will not permit you to select a Scheduled Payment Date less than the earliest possible Scheduled Payment Date designated for each Biller. When scheduling payments you must select a Scheduled Payment Date that is no later than the actual Due Date reflected on your Biller statement unless the Due Date falls on a non-Business Day. If the actual Due Date falls on a non-Business Day, you must select a Scheduled Payment Date that is at least one (1) Business Day before the actual Due Date. Scheduled Payment Dates must be prior to any late date or grace period. Depending on the method of payment, your Eligible Transaction Account may be debited prior to the Scheduled Payment Date. For example, if the selected method of payment is a draft check drawn on your account, the draft check arrives earlier than the Scheduled Payment Date due to expedited delivery by the postal service, and the Biller immediately deposits the draft check, your Eligible Transaction Account may be debited earlier than the Scheduled Payment Date.
3. The Service Guarantee. Due to circumstances beyond the control of the Service, particularly delays in handling and posting payments by Billers or financial institutions, some transactions may take longer to be credited to your account. The Service will bear responsibility for any late payment related charges up to $50.00 should a payment post after its Due Date as long as the payment was scheduled in accordance with Section 2 of the Bill Payment Terms (Payment Scheduling).
4. Payment Authorization and Payment Remittance. By providing the Service with names and account information of Billers to whom you wish to direct payments, you authorize the Service to follow the Payment Instructions that it receives through the Site. In order to process payments more efficiently and effectively, the Service may edit or alter payment data or data formats in accordance with Biller directives.
When the Service receives a Payment Instruction, you authorize the Service to debit your Eligible Transaction Account and remit funds on your behalf so that the funds arrive as close as reasonably possible to the Scheduled Payment Date designated by you. You also authorize the Service to credit your Eligible Transaction Account for payments returned to the Service by the United States Postal Service or Biller, or payments remitted to you on behalf of another authorized user of the Service.
The Service will attempt to make all your payments properly. However, the Service shall incur no liability and any Service Guarantee (as described in Section 3 of the Bill Payment Terms) shall be void if the Service is unable to complete any payments initiated by you because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- If, through no fault of the Service, your Eligible Transaction Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the transaction or the transaction would exceed the credit limit of your overdraft account;
- The payment processing center is not working properly and you know or have been advised by the Service about the malfunction before you execute the transaction;
- You have not provided the Service with the correct Eligible Transaction Account information, or the correct name, address, phone number, or account information for the Biller; and/or,
- Circumstances beyond control of the Service (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the transaction and the Service has taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
Provided none of the foregoing exceptions are applicable, if the Service causes an incorrect amount of funds to be removed from your Eligible Transaction Account or causes funds from your Eligible Transaction Account to be directed to a Biller which does not comply with your Payment Instructions, the Service shall be responsible for returning the improperly transferred funds to your Eligible Transaction Account, and for directing to the proper Biller any previously misdirected transactions, and, if applicable, for any late payment related charges.
5. Payment Cancellation Requests. You may cancel or edit any Scheduled Payment (including recurring payments) by following the directions within the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered. There is no charge for canceling or editing a Scheduled Payment. Once the Service has begun processing a payment it cannot be cancelled or edited, therefore a stop payment request must be submitted.
6. Stop Payment Requests. The Service’s ability to process a stop payment request will depend on the payment method and whether or not a check has cleared. The Service may also not have a reasonable opportunity to act on any stop payment request after a payment has been processed. If you desire to stop any payment that has already been processed, you must contact customer care for the Service in the manner set forth in Section 22 of the General Terms above. Although the Service will attempt to accommodate your request, the Service will have no liability for failing to do so. The Service may also require you to present your request in writing within fourteen (14) days. The charge for each stop payment request will be the current charge for such service as set out in the applicable fee schedule.
7. Exception Payments Requests. Exception Payments may be scheduled through the Service, however Exception Payments are discouraged and must be scheduled at your own risk. Except as required by applicable law, in no event shall the Service be liable for any claims or damages resulting from your scheduling of Exception Payments. The Service Guarantee (as described in Section 3 of the Bill Payment Terms) does not apply to Exception Payments.
8. Bill Delivery and Presentment. The Service includes a feature that electronically presents you with electronic bills from select Billers. Electronic bills may not be available from all of your Billers. Electronic bills are provided as a convenience only, and you remain solely responsible for contacting your Billers directly if you do not receive their statements. In addition, if you elect to activate one of the Service’s electronic bill options, you also agree to the following:
- Presentation of electronic bills – You will receive electronic bills from a Biller only if both: (a) you have designated it in the Service as one of your Billers, and (b) the Biller has arranged with our Service Provider to deliver electronic bills. The Service may then present you with electronic bills from that Biller if either: (1) you affirmatively elect online within the Service to receive electronic bills from the Biller, or (2) the Biller chooses to send you electronic bills on a temporary “trial basis.” In either case, you can elect online within the Service to stop receiving electronic bills from a Biller. Electing to receive electronic bills, automatically receiving trial electronic bills, and declining further elected or trial electronic bills all occur on an individual Biller basis. The Service does not include an option to prevent ever participating in the automatic trial electronic bill feature. When affirmatively electing to receive electronic bills from a particular Biller, you may be presented with terms from that Biller for your acceptance. We are not a party to such terms.
- Paper Copies of electronic bills – If you start receiving electronic bills from a Biller, the Biller may stop sending you paper or other statements. The ability to receive a paper copy of your statement(s) is at the sole discretion of the Biller. Check with the individual Biller regarding your ability to obtain paper copies of electronic bills on a regular or as-requested basis.
- Sharing Information with Billers – You authorize us to share identifying personal information about you (such as name, address, telephone number, Biller account number) with companies that you have identified as your Billers and which we have identified as offering electronic bills for purposes of matching your identity on the Service’s records and the Biller’s records to (a) activate your affirmative request for electronic bills, and/or (b) confirm your eligibility for “trial basis” electronic bills.
- Information held by the Biller. We are unable to update or change your personal information such as, but not limited to, name, address, phone numbers and email addresses, that is held by the Biller. Any changes will require you to contact the Biller directly. Additionally it is your responsibility to maintain all usernames and passwords for all electronic Biller sites. You also agree not to use someone else’s information to gain unauthorized access to another person’s bill. We may, at the request of the Biller, provide to the Biller your email address, service address, or other data specifically requested by the Biller for purposes of the Biller matching your identity against its records or informing you about the Biller’s services and/or bill information.
- Activation. We will notify the Biller of your request to receive electronic billing information. The presentment of your first electronic bill may vary from Biller to Biller and may take up to sixty (60) days, depending on the billing cycle of each Biller. While your electronic bill feature is being activated it is your responsibility to keep your accounts current. Each electronic Biller reserves the right to accept or deny your request to receive electronic bills.
- Authorization to obtain bill data. You authorize us to obtain bill data from your Billers that you have requested to send you electronic bills, and from your Billers that wish to send you trial electronic bills. For some Billers, you will be asked to provide us with your user name and password for that Biller. By providing us with such information, you authorize us to use the information to obtain your bill data.
- Notification. We will attempt to present all of your electronic bills promptly. In addition to notification within the Service, we may send an e-mail notification to the e-mail address listed for your account. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that this information is accurate. In the event you do not receive notification, it is your responsibility to periodically logon to the Service and check on the delivery of new electronic bills. The time for notification may vary from Biller to Biller. You are responsible for ensuring timely payment of all bills.
- Cancellation of electronic bill notification. The electronic Biller reserves the right to cancel the presentment of electronic bills at any time. You may cancel electronic bill presentment at any time. The timeframe for cancellation of your electronic bill presentment may vary from Biller to Biller. It may take up to sixty (60) days, depending on the billing cycle of each Biller. We will notify your electronic Biller(s) as to the change in status of your account and it is your sole responsibility to make arrangements for an alternative form of bill delivery. We will not be responsible for presenting any electronic bills that are already in process at the time of cancellation.
- Non-Delivery of electronic bill(s). You agree to hold us harmless should the Biller fail to deliver your statement(s). You are responsible for ensuring timely payment of all bills. Copies of previously delivered bills must be requested from the Biller directly.
- Accuracy and dispute of electronic bill. We are not responsible for the accuracy of your electronic bill(s). We are only responsible for presenting the information we receive from the Biller. Any discrepancies or disputes regarding the accuracy of your electronic bill summary or detail must be directly addressed and resolved with the Biller by you.
This Agreement does not alter your liability or obligations that currently exist between you and your Billers.
- Where it is necessary for completing transactions;
- Where it is necessary for activating additional services;
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account to a third party, such as a credit bureau or Biller;
- To a consumer reporting agency for research purposes only;
- In order to comply with a governmental agency or court orders; or,
- If you give us your written permission.
10. Service Fees and Additional Charges. You are responsible for paying all fees associated with your use of the Service. Applicable fees will be disclosed in the user interface for, or elsewhere within, the Service or Site. Any applicable fees will be charged regardless of whether the Service was used, except for fees that are specifically use-based. Use-based fees for the Service will be charged against the Billing Account. There may be a charge for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay such charges and authorize the Service to deduct the calculated amount from your designated Billing Account. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and Internet service provider. Section 18 of the General Terms (Failed Or Returned Payment Instructions) applies if you do not pay our fees and charges for the Service, including without limitation if we debit the Billing Account for such fees, as described in this Section, and there are insufficient funds in the Billing Account.
11. Biller Limitation. The Service reserves the right to refuse to pay any Biller to whom you may direct a payment. As required by applicable law, the Service will notify you promptly if it decides to refuse to pay a Biller designated by you.
12. Returned Payments. In using the Service, you understand that Billers and/or the United States Postal Service may return payments to the Service for various reasons such as, but not limited to, Biller’s forwarding address expired; Biller account number is not valid; Biller is unable to locate account; or Biller account is paid in full. The Service will attempt to research and correct the returned payment and return it to your Biller, or void the payment and credit your Eligible Transaction Account. You may receive notification from the Service.
13. Information Authorization. In addition to Section 20 of the General Terms (Information Authorization), you agree that the Service reserves the right to obtain financial information regarding your account from a Biller or your financial institution (for example, to resolve payment posting problems or for verification).
14. Bill Capture. The following Bill Capture terms and conditions in this Section 14 (Bill Capture) only apply to Bill Capture (as defined below). If Bill Capture is not available to you within our mobile banking application, then this Section 14 (Bill Capture) does not apply.
Bill Capture. Your use of our mobile banking application may include the ability to add bill payment payees by utilizing your mobile phone to take pictures of your paper bills (“Bill Capture”). Once you take the picture, Bill Capture extracts and prefills Biller information such as the name, address and account number of the Biller into our mobile banking app for use with the Service, or matches the bill to an existing Biller and prefills the amount due and due date. Bill Capture is subject to the following terms:
- You shall use Bill Capture only for your own use in accordance with the terms of this Agreement;
- We do not guarantee that your mobile device will be compatible with Bill Capture; and
- You bear sole responsibility for confirming that the information captured by Bill Capture matches the information on the applicable bill pay stub, and in no event will we be liable for any results from your use of extracted data from Bill Capture with the Services, including, without limitation, any late fees for payments sent to an improper Biller or improper account.
15. Bill Discovery. The following Bill Discovery terms and conditions in this Section 15 (Bill Discovery) only apply to Bill Discovery (as defined below). If Bill Discovery is not available to you from our Site, then this Section 15 (Bill Discovery) does not apply.
Bill Discovery. The bill discovery feature (“Bill Discovery”) enables the automatic searching, identification, and retrieval of information about your Billers and bills based on matching information about your identity. In order to enable Bill Discovery, you will need to authorize the Service to access and use information from your consumer report from a credit bureau and/or our Biller network in order for Bill Discovery to identify potential matches. By providing your consent within the Bill Discovery portion of the Site, you authorize the Service to access and use such information until you withdraw your consent. You may withdraw your consent within the Bill Discovery portion of the Site at any time. If Bill Discovery has identified Biller matches, the Service will allow you to add these Billers to your user profile. New Billers added through Bill Discovery are subject to Section 8 (Bill Delivery and Presentment) of the Bill Payment Terms.
16. Payment Methods. In addition to the payment methods set forth in Section 15 (Payment Methods and Amounts) in the General Terms, certain Service payments may be processed using a prepaid, single-use virtual card. Single-use cards provide a fast and secure way for your payment to be delivered. Please note in the event your payment is processed using a virtual card, you will not recognize the payment method and/or card numbers on any payment confirmation communication you may receive from your Biller.
“Biller” is the person or entity to which you wish a bill payment to be directed or is the person or entity from which you receive electronic bills, as the case may be.
“Billing Account” is the checking account from which all Service fees will be automatically debited.
“Due Date” is the date reflected on your Biller statement for which the payment is due, not the late payment date or the date beginning or a date during any grace period.
“Eligible Transaction Account” is as defined in Section 36 of the General Terms, except that it shall be limited to an account that you hold with us, and from which bill payments will be debited.
“Exception Payments” means payments to deposit accounts or brokerage accounts, payments to settle securities transactions (including, without limitation, stocks, bonds, securities, futures (forex), options, or an investment interest in any entity or property).
“Payment Instruction” is as defined in Section 36 of the General Terms, and is further defined as the information provided by you to the Service for a bill payment to be made to the Biller (such as, but not limited to, Biller name, Biller account number, and Scheduled Payment Date).
“Scheduled Payment” is a payment that has been scheduled through the Service but has not begun processing.
“Scheduled Payment Date” is the day you want your Biller to receive your bill payment, unless the Scheduled Payment Date falls on a non-Business Day in which case it will be considered to be the previous Business Day.
1. Description of Services.
a. We have partnered with the Zelle Network® (“Zelle®”) to enable a convenient way to transfer money between you and other Users using aliases, such as email addresses or mobile phone numbers (“Zelle® Payment Service,” as further described below). Zelle® provides no deposit account or other financial services. Zelle® neither transfers nor moves money. You may not establish a financial account with Zelle® of any kind. All money will be transmitted by a Network Financial Institution. THE ZELLE® PAYMENT SERVICE IS INTENDED TO SEND MONEY TO FRIENDS, FAMILY AND OTHERS YOU TRUST. YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE ZELLE® PAYMENT SERVICE OR OTHER PAYMENT SERVICES TO SEND MONEY TO RECIPIENTS WITH WHOM YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR OR YOU DO NOT TRUST. The term “Zelle® and Other Payment Terms” means these Zelle® and Other Payment Services Additional Terms.
b. In addition to the Zelle® Payment Service, we provide other payment services under these Terms of Service. First, these additional services allow you to send money to people if you provide the Eligible Transaction Account information and other contact information for the Receiver; such transactions are not sent via Zelle®. Second, outside Zelle®, we allow you to establish a one-time payment for a payment recipient for which processing shall be initiated at a later specified date up to one (1) year. Third, outside Zelle®, we enable you to establish a recurring series of payments to a payment recipient for which processing shall be initiated on dates you specify. These three payment services and any other payment services that we provide under these Zelle® and Other Payment Terms are referred to as “Other Payment Services” in these Zelle® and Other Payment Terms. Although future-dated payments and recurring payments are outside Zelle®, we may ultimately send those transactions via Zelle® when the applicable date of payment arrives, in which case the applicable payment transaction is part of the Zelle® Payment Service, not the Other Payment Services. The term “Zelle® and Other Payment Services” means the Zelle® Payment Service and the Other Payment Services.
d. The Zelle® Payment Service allows for the delivery of payments to Receivers who are also enrolled in the Zelle® Payment Service through a Payment Network designed to deliver payments on the same day and potentially within minutes, although actual speed will vary, as described below. The Zelle® and Other Payment Services are not instantaneous. Payment delivery speed may vary based upon the fraud, risk and other funds availability policy of each financial institution and Payment Network availability. We are not responsible for the performance, speed, or other acts or omissions of the Payment Networks that may be involved in the transmission of a payment. We shall not be obligated to comply with the Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) Rules in such recovery efforts or otherwise in connection with Zelle® and Other Payments unless the applicable transaction is transmitted through the ACH network. We are only responsible for delivery of the applicable Payment Instructions to the applicable Payment Network in the format required by the applicable Payment Network’s specifications.
2. Payment Authorization and Payment Remittance.
a. Section 12 of the General Terms does not apply to the Zelle® Payment Service. When you enroll to use the Zelle® Payment Service or when you permit others to whom you have delegated to act on your behalf to use or access the Zelle® Payment Service, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You represent that you have the authority to authorize debits and credits to the enrolled bank account. In addition to the restrictions set forth in Section 13 of the General Terms, you agree that you will not use the Zelle® and Other Payment Services to send money to anyone to whom you are obligated for tax payments, payments made pursuant to court orders (including court-ordered amounts for alimony or child support), fines, payments to loan sharks, gambling debts or payments otherwise prohibited by law, and you agree that you will not use the Zelle® and Other Payment Services to request money from anyone for any such payments.You agree that you will not authorize a third party to use the Zelle® Payment Service or share your credentials with a third party to use the Zelle®Payment Service on your behalf except in legally authorized situations such as legal guardianship or pursuant to a power of attorney.
b. This Section 2(b) does not apply to the Zelle® Small Business Service (to the extent made available by us). The Zelle® and Other Payment Services are intended for personal, not business or commercial use. You agree that you will not use the Zelle® and Other Payment Services to send or receive payments in connection with your business or commercial enterprise. We reserve the right to decline your enrollment if we believe that you are enrolling to use the Zelle® and Other Payment Services with your business account or to receive business or commercial payments. We further reserve the right to suspend or terminate your use of the Zelle® Payment Service if we believe that you are using the Zelle® Payment Service for business or commercial purposes, or for any unlawful purpose.
c. You must provide us with an email address that you regularly use and intend to use regularly (i.e., no disposable email addresses) and a permanent mobile phone number that you intend to use for an extended period of time (i.e., no “burner” numbers). You may not enroll in the Service with a landline phone number, Google Voice number, or Voice over Internet Protocol. Once enrolled, you may: (i) authorize a debit of your account to send money to another User either at your initiation or at the request of that User; and (ii) receive money from another User either at that User’s initiation or at your request, subject to the conditions of the Section below titled “Requesting Payments.” If at any time while you are enrolled, you do not send or receive money using the Zelle® Payment Service for a period of 18 consecutive months, then you understand that we may cancel your enrollment and you will not be able to send or receive money with the Zelle® Payment Service until you enroll again. Once enrolled, a Z logo will appear on your profile picture for each U.S. mobile number and/or email address that you have enrolled with Zelle®. The Z logo will be displayed to other Users to aid them in determining which of your U.S mobile numbers or email addresses should be used to send money with Zelle®. If a User sends you money using a different U.S. mobile number or email address that they may have for you (one that is not already enrolled), you will receive a message with instructions on how to enroll with Zelle®.
d. When you enroll with Zelle®, you may establish one or more profiles. Each profile may be linked to only one bank account or debit card, but you may enroll multiple email addresses or mobile phone numbers in each profile. Once you have enrolled an email address or a mobile phone number with a profile, you may not use that same email address or phone number with any other profile. By providing us with names and mobile telephone numbers and/or email addresses of Receivers to whom you wish to direct payments, you authorize us to follow the Payment Instructions that we receive through the Zelle® Payment Service. By providing us with names, bank account information and other contact information for Receivers to whom you wish to direct a payment via the Other Payment Service, you authorize us to follow the Payment Instructions that we receive via the Other Payment Services. Once enrolled, you authorize us to credit your Eligible Transaction Account for payments remitted to you on behalf of a Sender without further approval from you.
e. When we receive a Payment Instruction from you, you authorize us to debit your Eligible Transaction Account for the amount of any such Payment Instruction plus any related fees in effect (and as disclosed on the Site) at the time you initiate the Payment Instruction, and to remit funds on your behalf. You acknowledge and agree that any applicable fees will be charged when we receive a Payment Instruction from you, regardless of whether the Payment Instruction is ultimately completed. You also authorize us to credit your Eligible Transaction Account for the receipt of payments, including, but not limited to, those payments returned to us from Receivers to whom you sent payment(s) and those payments that were cancelled and returned to you because the processing of the Payment Instruction could not be completed.
f. You agree that we will not be liable in any way for any payments that you may receive, regardless of whether you authorized the Sender to send them to you.
g. We will use reasonable efforts to complete all your Payment Instructions properly. However, we shall incur no liability if we are unable to complete any transaction because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
1. If, through no fault of ours, the Eligible Transaction Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the Payment Instruction or the Payment Instruction would exceed the credit limit of your overdraft account;
2. The Zelle® and Other Payment Services are not working properly and you know or have been advised by us about the malfunction before you execute the Payment Instruction;
3. The payment is refused as described in Section 6 of the Zelle® and Other Payment Terms below;
4. You have not provided us with the correct information, including, but not limited to, the correct Payment Instructions or Eligible Transaction Account information, or the correct name and address or mobile phone number of the Receiver to whom you are initiating a Payment Instruction; and/or,
5. Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, network or system down time, issues with the financial institution, or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the Payment Instruction.
h. It is the responsibility of the Sender and the Receiver to ensure the accuracy of any information that they enter into the Zelle® and Other Payment Services (including, but not limited to, the Payment Instructions and name, telephone number and/or email address for the Receiver to whom you are attempting to send a payment), and for informing us as soon as possible if they become aware that this information is inaccurate. We will make a reasonable effort to stop or recover a payment made to the wrong person or entity once informed, but we do not guarantee such stoppage or recovery and will bear no responsibility or liability for damages resulting from incorrect information entered by the Sender or Receiver.
3. Sending Payments.
a. You may send money to another User at your initiation or in response to that User’s request for money. You understand that use of the Zelle® and Other Payment Services by you shall at all times be subject to (i) this Agreement, and (ii) your express authorization at the time of the transaction for us or another Network Financial Institution to initiate a debit entry to your bank account. You understand that when you send the payment, you will have no ability to stop it. When a Sender initiates a Payment Instruction, the Receiver is not required to accept the payment if the Receiver has not enrolled in Zelle®. You agree that you as a Sender will not hold us liable for any damages resulting from a Receiver not enrolling in Zelle®. For the Zelle® Payment Service, you may only cancel a payment if the person to whom you sent the money has not yet enrolled in the Zelle® Payment Service. As to the Zelle® Payment Service, if the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle®, either in the Zelle® Standalone Locations or with a Network Financial Institution, then the money is sent directly to their bank account (except as otherwise provided below) and may not be canceled or revoked. Cancellation is addressed more generally in Section 6 (Payment Cancellation, Stop Payment Requests and Refused Payments) below. You may initiate a one-time Payment Instruction to a Receiver for which processing shall be initiated immediately via Zelle®. Via the Other Payment Services, you may also initiate (a) a one-time Payment Instruction to a Receiver for which processing shall be initiated at a later specified date up to one (1) year, and (b) a recurring series of Payment Instructions to a Receiver for which processing shall be initiated on the specified dates. Further details about each of these options can be found on the Site.
b. Payment Instructions initiated to Receivers require you to provide contact information about the Receiver (including an email address and/or mobile telephone number). If the Receiver does not bank at a Network Financial Institution and has not yet enrolled in Zelle®, then the Zelle® Payment Service will contact the Receiver and request that the Receiver (i) provide information so that the identity of the Receiver may be validated at a Zelle® Standalone Location and then (ii) provide Eligible Transaction Account information in order to complete the Payment Instruction (a “Two-Step Transfer”). If the Receiver maintains an Eligible Transaction Account with a Network Financial Institution and has not yet enrolled in Zelle®, then the Zelle® Payment Service will contact the Receiver regarding enrollment in Zelle® and receipt of payment. If the Receiver has already enrolled in Zelle®, then the Receiver will receive a message regarding your payment.
c. Via the Other Payment Services, we also support the sending of money to Receivers if you provide the Eligible Transaction Account information for the Receiver and other contact information for the Receiver; such transactions are not sent via Zelle®. You acknowledge and agree that if your Payment Instructions identify an account by name and account number, the relevant financial institution may execute those Payment Instructions by reference to the account number only, even if such account number does not correspond to the account name. You further acknowledge and agree that financial institutions holding the account may choose to not investigate discrepancies between account names and account numbers. We have no responsibility to investigate discrepancies between account names and account numbers, outside of our obligations under the law to investigate errors, described above in Section 22 of the General Terms (Errors, Questions, and Complaints).
d. In most cases, when you are sending money to another User using the Zelle® Payment Service, the transfer will occur in minutes; however, there are circumstances when the payment may take longer. For example, in order to protect you, us, Zelle® and the other Network Financial Institutions, we may need additional time to verify your identity or the identity of the person receiving the money. If you are sending money to someone who has not enrolled as a User with Zelle®, either via a Zelle® Standalone Location or a Network Financial Institution, they will receive a text or email notification instructing them on how to enroll to receive the money. You understand and acknowledge that a person to whom you are sending money and who is not enrolling as a User may fail to enroll with Zelle®, or otherwise ignore the payment notification, and the transfer may not occur. The money may also be delayed or the transfer may be blocked to prevent fraud or comply with regulatory requirements. If we delay or block a payment that you have initiated, we will notify you in accordance with your User preferences (i.e., email, push notification). We have no control over the actions of other Users, other Network Financial Institutions or other financial institutions that could delay or prevent your money from being delivered to the intended User.
e. For the Other Payment Services and those Zelle® Payment Service payments where the Site indicates payment will require more than a Business Day, you understand and agree that when you initiate a Payment Instruction from an Eligible Transaction Account, the processing of the Payment Instruction will begin and the debiting of your Eligible Transaction Account will occur as early as the day of such initiation. However, you and the Receiver should not expect the payment funds to be transferred into the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account any earlier than the next Business Day after you initiated the Payment Instruction. As part of the Other Payment Services, if you request a one-time Payment Instruction to be initiated on a specified date or a recurring series of Payment Instruction to be initiated on specified dates, then the processing of the Payment Instruction will begin on the specified date and the debiting of your Eligible Transaction Account will occur as early as the specified date(s). However, you and the Receiver should not expect the payment funds to be transferred into the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account any earlier than the next Business Day following the specified date. In addition, in the case of all Two-Step Transfers, the deposit of the payment funds into the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account (even if debited or withdrawn from your Eligible Transaction Account) may be delayed if the Receiver has not enrolled in Zelle®. The Site may contain additional information regarding the delivery of a payment to an Eligible Transaction Account.
f. As to Recipients who have not yet enrolled with Zelle®, you acknowledge and agree that we will begin to process the requested transfer of funds once the Receiver has provided (or we otherwise obtain) all required information, and you hereby authorize and direct us to retain such funds until the earlier of such time as the Receiver has provided (or we otherwise obtain) all required information or fourteen (14) days have elapsed. You further acknowledge and agree that our receipt of money to be transmitted to a Receiver shall not be deemed to have occurred and our obligation to complete a Payment Instruction shall not begin until such time as the Receiver provides us with (or we otherwise obtain) all required information necessary to process the related Payment Instruction in accordance with this Agreement.
4. Receiving Payments.
a. All transfers of money to you shall be performed by a Network Financial Institution per the direction of that Network Financial Institution customer and at all times subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant service agreement between that Network Financial Institution and its customer, including without limitation any restrictions or prohibitions on permissible transactions. Once a User initiates a transfer of money to your email address, mobile phone number, or Zelle® tag enrolled with the Zelle® Payment Service, you have no ability to stop the transfer. Other Payment Service payments may be cancelled by the Sender as set forth in Section 6 (Payment Cancellation, Stop Payment Requests and Refused Payments) below. By using the Zelle® Payment Service, you agree and authorize us to initiate credit entries to the bank account you have enrolled. If another person wants to initiate a Payment Instruction (including in response to a Zelle® Payment Request, if applicable) using the Zelle® Payment Service to an Eligible Transaction Account you hold or, as applicable, if you as a Requestor want to initiate a Zelle® Payment Request, he, she or you can do that from the Site or from an Eligible Transaction Account at a financial institution that participates in the Zelle® Payment Service or at a Zelle® Standalone Location. If you are receiving a payment from a business or government agency, your payment will be delivered in accordance with both this Agreement and the procedures of the business or government agency that is sending you the payment.
b. For the Zelle® Payment Service, most transfers of money to you from other Users will occur within minutes. There may be other circumstances when the payment may take longer. For example, in order to protect you, us, Zelle® and the other Network Financial Institutions, we may need or Zelle® may need additional time to verify your identity or the identity of the person sending the money. We may also delay or block the transfer to prevent fraud or to meet our regulatory obligations. If we delay or block a payment that you have initiated through a request for money, we will notify you in accordance with your User preferences (i.e., email, push notification). You understand and agree that there may be a delay between the time you are notified of the pending Payment Instruction and the deposit of the payment funds into your Eligible Transaction Account, and you may be required to take additional steps to facilitate the deposit of the payment of funds into your Eligible Transaction Account, such as if we have questions regarding possible fraud in connection with the payment. You authorize the Sender, the financial institution which holds the Sender’s Eligible Transaction Account and us (including through the Site) to send emails to you and text messages to your mobile phone in connection with the Sender’s initiation of Payment Instructions to you, and, as a Receiver, you may receive Zelle® Payment Requests, from others through the Zelle® Payment Service.
c. You acknowledge and agree that in the event that funds are transferred into your Eligible Transaction Account as a result of a Payment Instruction and it is determined that such transfer was improper because it was not authorized by the sender, because there were not sufficient funds in the sender’s account, or for any other reason, then you hereby authorize us or our Service Provider to withdraw from your Eligible Transaction Account an amount equal to the amount of funds improperly transferred to you.
5. Requesting Payments. You may request money from another User through a Zelle® Payment Request. You understand and acknowledge that Users to whom you send payment requests may reject or ignore your request. Neither we nor Zelle® guarantee that you will receive money from other Users by sending a Zelle® Payment Request, or that you will receive the amount that you request. Neither we nor Zelle® accept responsibility if the other User rejects or ignores your request, or sends you an amount that is less than you request. If a User ignores your request, we may decide or Zelle® may decide, in our sole discretion, that we will not send a reminder or repeat request to that User.
In addition to the other restrictions in this Agreement, by accepting this Agreement, you agree that you are not engaging in the business of debt collection by attempting to use the Zelle® Payment Service to request money for the payment or collection of an overdue or delinquent debt; to request money that is owed to another person; or to collect any amounts that are owed pursuant to a court order. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Zelle®, its owners, directors, officers agents and Network Financial Institutions from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorney’s fees, resulting from or arising out of any Zelle® Payment Request that you send that is related to overdue or delinquent amounts. You agree to receive Zelle® Payment Requests from other Users, and to only send Zelle® Payment Requests for legitimate and lawful purposes. Zelle® Payment Requests are solely between the Requestor and recipient and are not reviewed or verified by us or by Zelle®. Neither we nor Zelle® assume responsibility for the accuracy or legality of such requests and do not act as a debt collector on your behalf or on behalf of the Requestor. We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to terminate your ability to send Zelle® Payment Requests in general, or to specific recipients, if we deem such Zelle® Payment Requests to be potentially unlawful, abusive, offensive or unwelcome by the recipient.
If applicable, if you as a Requestor initiate a Zelle® Payment Request using the Zelle® Payment Service, you acknowledge and agree that as disclosed on the Site (a) the applicable service fee will be deducted from payments received by you from a Sender(s), and (b) no service fee will be charged if you as the Requestor do not receive any payments from the individuals to whom the Zelle® Payment Request is sent. Further details about the foregoing can be found on the Site. You acknowledge and agree that individuals to whom you send a Zelle® Payment Request may not receive, or otherwise may reject or ignore, your Zelle® Payment Request. We do not guarantee that you will receive any payments from individuals by initiating a Zelle® Payment Request.
Zelle® Small Business Service Users may not send Zelle® Payment Requests to Users enrolled with Zelle® through Zelle® Standalone Locations.
6. Payment Cancellation, Stop Payment Requests and Refused Payments. This Section only applies to the Other Payment Services and those Zelle® Payment Services transactions that can be cancelled in the limited circumstances set forth in Section 3(a) (Sending Payments) above. Sender may cancel the initiation of a Payment Instruction or stop a Payment Instruction at any time until the processing of the Payment Instruction into the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account has begun. Our ability to stop a Payment Instruction or recover funds associated with an unauthorized Payment Instruction will depend on the manner in which the Payment Instruction was initiated, and whether the Payment Instruction to the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account has begun processing. Although we will make a reasonable effort to accommodate a stop payment request and to recover funds associated with an unauthorized Payment Instruction, we will have no liability for failing to do so. We may also require you to present your stop payment request or request to recover funds in writing within fourteen (14) days after contacting customer care. If we charge you to stop the payment or recover funds, then the charge for each stop payment or fund recovery request will be the current charge as set out in our current fee schedule. Payments not claimed by a Receiver who has not enrolled in Zelle® will be automatically cancelled fourteen (14) days after the processing of the payment begins. We will, to the extent permitted by law, make reasonable attempts to return any unclaimed, refused, refunded, prohibited, or denied payment to your Eligible Transaction Account or use other reasonable efforts to return such payment to you as permitted by law.
7. Consent to Emails and Automated Text Messages. Section 8 (Text Messages, Calls and/or Emails to You) of the General Terms does not apply to Zelle® Payment Services. By participating as a User, you represent that you are the owner of the email address, mobile phone number, Zelle® tag and/or other alias you enrolled, or that you have the delegated legal authority to act on behalf of the owner of such email address, mobile phone number, Zelle® tag and/or other alias to send or receive money as described in these Zelle® and Other Payment Terms. You consent to the receipt of emails or text messages from us, from Zelle®, from other Users that are sending you money or requesting money from you, and from other Network Financial Institutions or their agents regarding the Zelle® and Other Payment Services or related transfers between Network Financial Institutions and you. You agree that we may, Zelle® may or either of our agents may use automatic telephone dialing systems in connection with text messages sent to any mobile phone number you enroll. You further acknowledge and agree:
a. You are responsible for any fees or other charges that your wireless carrier may charge for any related data, text or other message services, including without limitation for short message service. Please check your mobile service agreement for details or applicable fees, as message and data rates may apply.
b. You will immediately notify us if any email address or mobile number you have enrolled is (i) surrendered by you, or (ii) changed by you.
c. In the case of any messages that you may send through either us or Zelle® or that we may send or Zelle® may send on your behalf to an email address or mobile phone number, you represent that you have obtained the consent of the recipient of such emails or automated text messages to send such emails or text messages to the recipient. You understand and agree that any emails or text messages that we send or that Zelle® sends on your behalf may include your name.
d. Your wireless carrier is not liable for any delay or failure to deliver any message sent to or from us or Zelle®, including messages that you may send through us or through Zelle® or that we may send or Zelle® may send on your behalf.
e. To cancel text messaging from us, send STOP to 767666. For help or information regarding text messaging, send HELP to 767666 or contact our customer service at 800-877-8021. You expressly consent to receipt of a text message to confirm your “STOP” request.
f. Supported Carriers: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon and others.
g. Your phone service provider is not the provider of the Zelle® and Other Payment Services. Users of the Zelle® Payment Service will receive text messages relating to their Payment Instructions and other notices from time to time if a mobile phone number is provided. Data and messaging charges from your telecommunications provider may apply, and you are responsible for any such charges. In the event your enrolled mobile device is lost or stolen, you agree to update your enrollment information and make the appropriate changes to disable the use of such device. You understand that there are risks associated with using a mobile device, and that in the event of theft or loss, your confidential information could be compromised.
8. Service Fees and Additional Charges. You are responsible for paying all fees associated with your use of the Zelle® and Other Payment Services. Applicable fees will be disclosed in the user interface for, or elsewhere within, the Zelle® and Other Payment Services or Site. Additional fees may apply for small business Users enrolled in the Zelle® Small Business Service. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY APPLICABLE FEES WILL BE CHARGED REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE PAYMENT INSTRUCTION IS COMPLETED, UNLESS THE FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE INSTRUCTION IS SOLELY DUE TO OUR FAULT, except for those fees that are specifically use-based, such as Zelle® Payment Requests, if applicable. There may be a charge for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay such charges and authorize us to deduct the calculated amount from your designated Eligible Transaction Account for these amounts and any additional charges that may be incurred by you. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts (or Other Eligible Transaction Accounts) will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and Internet service provider. Section 18 of the General Terms (Failed Or Returned Payment Instructions) applies if you do not pay our fees and charges for the Zelle® and Other Payment Services, including without limitation if we debit the Eligible Transaction Account for such fees, as described in this Section, and there are insufficient fees in the Eligible Transaction Account.
9. Refused Payments. We reserve the right to refuse to pay any Receiver. We will attempt to notify the Sender promptly if we decide to refuse to pay a Receiver designated by the Sender. This notification is not required if you attempt to make a prohibited payment under this Agreement.
10. Returned Payments. In using the Zelle® and Other Payment Services, you understand that Receivers may reject Payment Instructions or otherwise return payments only if the Receiver is not enrolled in Zelle®. We will use reasonable efforts to complete Payment Instructions initiated through the Zelle® Payment Service.
11. Consent to Share Personal Information (Including Account Information). In addition to Section 20 (Information Authorization) of the General Terms, by accepting this Agreement, you consent to our disclosure of your personal information (including bank account information) as necessary to complete payment transactions in accordance with our customary processes and procedures, which may include, without limitation, the following:
a. As necessary to resolve a problem related to a transfer or payment between you and another User;
b. To verify the existence of your bank account, or debit card, as applicable;
c. To comply with government agency or court orders;
d. To our affiliates, as permitted by law;
e. To verify your identity for purposes of compliance with applicable laws, including without limitation the USA PATRIOT Act;
f. To comply with inquiries in connection with fraud prevention or any investigation;
g. For our general business purposes, including without limitation data analysis and audits; or
13. Liability. Subject to our obligations under applicable laws and regulations, neither we nor Zelle® shall have liability to you for any transfers of money, including without limitation, (i) any failure, through no fault of us or Zelle® to complete a transaction in the correct amount, or (ii) any related losses or damages. Neither we nor Zelle® shall be liable for any typos or keystroke errors that you may make when using the Zelle® Payment Service. THE SERVICE IS INTENDED FOR SENDING MONEY TO FAMILY, FRIENDS AND OTHERS WHOM YOU TRUST. YOU SHOULD NOT USE ZELLE® TO SEND MONEY TO PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR OR YOU DO NOT TRUST. ZELLE® DOES NOT OFFER A PROTECTION PROGRAM FOR AUTHORIZED PAYMENTS MADE THROUGH THE SERVICE (FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THE GOODS OR SERVICES THAT YOU PAID FOR, OR THE GOODS OR SERVICES THAT YOU RECEIVED ARE DAMAGED OR ARE OTHERWISE NOT WHAT YOU EXPECTED).
14. Disclaimer of Warranties. Section 33 (Exclusions of Warranties) of the General Terms does not apply to Zelle® Payment Services. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, AND SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, ZELLE® MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE ZELLE® PAYMENT SERVICE. ZELLE® EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE ZELLE® PAYMENT SERVICE DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED. ZELLE® DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE ZELLE® PAYMENT SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, INVULNERABLE TO CYBER ATTACK OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. THE ZELLE® PAYMENT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
15. Limitation of Liability. Section 34 (Limitation of Liability) of the General Terms does not apply to Zelle® Payment Services. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN AND SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, ZELLE®, ITS OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS OR NETWORK FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF (I) ANY TRANSACTION CONDUCTED THROUGH OR FACILITATED BY THE ZELLE® PAYMENT SERVICE; (II) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE ZELLE® PAYMENT SERVICES DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; OR (IV) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE ZELLE® PAYMENT SERVICES DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED, EVEN IF WE OR ZELLE® HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE ZELLE® PAYMENT SERVICE OR WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE ZELLE® PAYMENT SERVICES.
IN THOSE STATES WHERE THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES MAY NOT APPLY, ANY LIABILITY OF OURS, ZELLE®, ITS OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND AGENTS OR THE NETWORK FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS LIABILITY IN THOSE STATES IS LIMITED AND WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BUT SHALL, IN NO EVENT, EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
16. Indemnification. Section 30 (Indemnification) of the General Terms does not apply to Zelle® Payment Services. You acknowledge and agree that you are personally responsible for your conduct while using the Zelle® Payment Service and except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Zelle®, its owners, directors, officers, agents and Network Financial Institutions from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorney’s fees, resulting from or arising out of your use, misuse, errors or inability to use the Zelle® Payment Service, or any violation by you of the terms of this Agreement.
17. Use of Our Online Banking Site and/or Mobile App. You agree to access the Site in compliance with our terms and conditions that we make available elsewhere on the Site, which are incorporated into and made part of this Agreement by this reference.
18. Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers. Section 16 (Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers) of the General Terms shall not apply to the Zelle® Payment Service. Immediately following your discovery of an unauthorized Zelle® Payment Service Payment Instruction, you shall communicate with customer care in the manner set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above. You acknowledge and agree that time is of the essence in such situations. The best way to minimize your loss is to call us immediately. You will have no liability for unauthorized transactions if you notify us within sixty (60) days after your monthly financial institution statement which shows the unauthorized transaction has been sent to you. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was sent to you, you may lose any amount transferred without your authorization after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money had you told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) prevented you from telling us, we will extend the time periods specified above to a reasonable period.
When you give someone your password or other means to access your account through which you access the Zelle® and Other Payment Services, you are authorizing that person to use your service, and you are responsible for all transactions that person performs while using your service. All transactions that person performs, even those transactions you did not intend or want performed, are authorized transactions. Additionally, transactions that you or someone acting with you initiates with fraudulent intent are also authorized transactions.
Note: These liability rules only apply to Eligible Transaction Accounts used for personal, family and household purposes.
19. Content Standards; Zelle® Tags.
a. Content Standards: You agree that you will not upload or provide content or otherwise post, transmit, distribute, or disseminate through the Zelle® Payment Service any material that: (1) is false, misleading, unlawful, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, hateful, abusive, or inflammatory; (2) encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or gives rise to civil liability; (3) breaches or infringes any duty toward or rights of any person or entity, including rights of publicity, privacy or intellectual property; (4) contains corrupted data or any other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files; (5) advertises products or services competitive with Zelle®, as determined by Zelle® in its sole discretion; or (6) in Zelle®’s or our sole judgment, is objectionable, restricts or inhibits any person or entity from using or enjoying any portion of the Zelle® Payment Service, or which may expose us, Zelle® or our respective affiliates or customers to harm or liability of any nature.
b. Although neither we nor Zelle® have any obligation to monitor any content, both we and Zelle® have absolute discretion to remove content at any time and for any reason without notice. We and Zelle® may also monitor such content to detect and prevent fraudulent activity or violations of the terms and conditions. You understand that by using the Zelle® Payment Service, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. We and Zelle® are not responsible for, and assume no liability, for any content, including any loss or damage to any of your content. We and Zelle® make no representation or warranty that content uploaded to a User profile accurately identifies a particular User of the Zelle® Payment Service.
c. The Zelle® Payment Service may include functionality for you to add a unique alpha-numeric identifier to your registered User profile to be used in lieu of your phone number or email address when sending or receiving money, which will be your “Zelle® tag.” You will be limited to one Zelle® tag per bank account, and each Zelle® tag must have one U.S. mobile phone number or email address associated with it. Your Zelle® tag must meet the Content Standards. You may not select a Zelle® tag that misleads or deceives other Users of the Zelle® Payment Service as to your identity, or otherwise. Although neither we nor Zelle® have any obligation to monitor User Zelle® tags, both we and Zelle® have absolute discretion to remove a User Zelle® tag at any time and for any reason without notice. We and Zelle® may require you to change your Zelle® tag in our sole discretion, and we may elect to make a Zelle® tag unavailable to you, without any liability to you. We and Zelle® may also monitor User Zelle® tags to detect and prevent fraudulent activity or violations of the terms and conditions. You understand that by using the Zelle® Payment Service, you may be exposed to a Zelle® tag that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. We and Zelle® are not responsible for, and assume no liability, for any User Zelle® tags, including any loss or damage caused thereby. We and Zelle® make no representation or warranty that a User Zelle® tag accurately identifies a particular User of the Zelle® Payment Service. We respect the intellectual property of others and require that users of the Zelle® Payment Service comply with relevant intellectual property laws, including copyright and trademark laws. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, limit or terminate the use of our products or services for users who use or publish content on the Zelle® Payment Service that is subject to intellectual property rights claims.
20. Arbitration. You acknowledge and agree that for any claims or disputes you assert against Zelle® and Early Warning Services, LLC, Zelle® and Early Warning Services, LLC are entitled to enforce Section 28 (Arbitration) of the General Terms against you.
“Network Financial Institutions” means financial institutions that have partnered with Zelle®.
“Receiver” is a person or business entity that is sent a Payment Instruction through the Zelle® and Other Payment Services.
“Requestor” is a person that requests an individual to initiate a Payment Instruction through the Zelle® Payment Service.
“Sender” is a person or business entity that sends a Payment Instruction through the Zelle® and Other Payment Services.
“User” means you and others who are enrolled directly with Zelle® or enrolled with another financial institution that partners with Zelle®.
“Zelle® Payment Request” means functionality that allows a Requestor to request that another individual initiate a Payment Instruction to the Requestor through the Zelle® Payment Service.
“Zelle® Small Business Service” means functionality, to the extent made available by us, that enables a small business User to (i) send Zelle® Payment Requests through the Zelle® Payment Service, and (ii) send and receive Payment Instructions through the Zelle® and Other Payment Services. Users that access the Zelle® and Other Payment Services through a business account shall be classified as Zelle® Small Business Service Users. The Zelle® Small Business Service is included in the definition of “Zelle® Payment Service”.
Zelle® and the Zelle® related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
The following definitions apply in these Terms and Conditions:
The words “we”, “our” and “us” mean Dairy State Bank, and respective affiliates, employees, successors, and assigns.
The words “Customer”, “you” and “your” mean Business Entity and anyone else with access to the account to perform the transactions or receive the services covered by this Agreement.
The words “account” or “accounts” mean any commercial account as included on the Business Online Banking Application and approved by Dairy State Bank in writing.
“Available Balance” is the current balance of the account minus holds and memo posted debits, plus memo posted credits.
“Business Day(s)” include Monday through Friday. The Federal Reserve Bank holidays are not Business Days.
“Check Image” means an electronic image of an original paper draft (check), payable on demand to you, and drawn on (or payable through) an office of a United States financial institution.
“Current Balance” means the account balance that is the result of the total debit and credit activity as of a specific date and time for all accounts.
“Electronic Deposit” or “Mobile Deposit” means the information (including the Check Image, dollar amount information, deposit account information, etc.) that is transmitted to us, allowing for the deposit, processing, and collection of the item.
“Hold” is a restriction on payment of all or any part of the balance in an account.
“Login Credentials” means your Username, password, token, and any other unique biometric attribute (such as facial recognition or fingerprint) used to access Business Online Banking.
“Presentments” are any debits/credits being posted to the account for the business day.
“Service Providers” means any processor or other third party that we have engaged to provide remittance capabilities, equipment, or other services in connection with Business Online Banking. This includes any agent, independent contractor, or subcontractor of any of the foregoing.
You may contact us through our website, at a branch, or by contacting us as described below. Please be advised that we may not immediately receive electronic messages sent, and will not take action based on electronic messages until representatives have received it and have had a reasonable time to act. If you need immediate assistance, or you would like to report an unauthorized transaction, please call us.
Email: [email protected]
Dairy State Bank – Rice Lake: 715-234-9181
Monday – Wednesday 8:30 am -4:30 pm
Thursday – Friday 8:30 am -5:00 pm
Saturday – 8:30 am -12:00 noon
Write us at:
Dairy State Bank
16 S Main St
Rice Lake, WI 54868
You can download a digital copy of these terms and conditions here: Electronic Banking Terms and Conditions