Branch Lender (Consumer & Mortgage)
Turtle Lake, WI
This position is responsible for:
- Responding to potential and existing customers who inquire either personally, electronically or by phone, identifying their needs and promote appropriate financial products/services.
- Interviewing potential and existing customers, assisting them to prepare applications, and complete relevant underwriting documents based on loan type. Understanding the underwriting process, analyze financial information, and accordingly present for review by a loan officer (CAP). Conducting business within all State and Federal regulations.
- Making arrangements to gather all supporting documentation such as appraisals or titles, track/manage the loan application process and appropriately document files.
- Maintaining complete communication with the customer/applicant including any loan commitment decisions or denials based on credit analysis. Supporting the customer/applicant by explaining the lending process and if needed, alternative products/services.
- Developing loan relationships through customer information files, client and employee referrals, and community contacts. Communicating with all bank locations and lending personnel to maintain strong and positive internal and external customer relationships.
- Becoming licensed to cross sell insurance products to enhance various loan types. Keeping updated with all regulatory changes and compliance by attending subject appropriate seminars, webinars, etc.
- Developing an understanding of interpreting and analyzing credit bureau reports. Working proactively to resolve internal or external customer complaints with regard to credit or other issues related to the lending process.
- Learning the basic underwriting guidelines to help transition into the mortgage lending area. These loan products include in-house mortgages, home equity loans, and secondary market fixed-rate mortgages.
- Associate Degree in Finance or other related field, or 3-4 years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills, typing, 10 key skills and math skills are required.
- This is a highly detailed position. Excellent customer service, verbal and written skills, and the ability to complete work with accuracy are essential.
- Ability to uphold confidentiality.
- Abide by all bank policies/procedures.
- Punctuality and professional appearance/demeanor are expected of all Dairy State Bank employees.